A cheezecake without the cheese! Hurrah for cashews and berries together~ you get a fresh super healthy sweet dessert minus the guilt from what’s found in traditional cheesecakes. An excellent way to get antioxidants, fiber, healthy fats and protein…things typically missing from the pies you used to consume.
Raw Blueberry Cheezecake
- 1 cup brazil nuts or almonds (or try 1/2 cup nuts plus 1/2 cup shredded coconut)
- 1/2 cup dates
- sea salt to taste
Blend together in food processor until it begins to stick together and then press into a 9″ pie plate. It’s thin, so double the quantity for a thicker crust.
- 3 cups fresh blueberries* (plus about an additional cup or more for the topping)
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2-1 cup dates (depending on how sweet you want it)
Blend up filling ingredients in Vitamix or high speed blender until smooth.
Pour into crust and use a spatula to spread evenly. Top with fresh blueberries and refrigerate a few hours until it firms up.
*can also be made with raspberries, strawberries, or cherries!